Friday, June 6, 2008

Microsoft Linux - the premier linux distro - and other miscellaneous thoughts


I am sure this is a well known website, but it is the first time I come across it. Quite scary, I never knew Microsoft had already invaded Mars in 2005... Just proves to show that Nasa is way behind on its program. Someone should really tell them.

On a sadder topic, my team, la Section Paloise, has not managed to get promoted to the Top 14 this year, and did not even finish in the play-offs. Disappointing. Hopefully next year will be a bit more exciting. I know my avatar is a Biarritz tux, but that is the closer I could get (same departement: 64). Don't get me wrong though, I also support Biarritz in my spare time. If there is a good soul out there who can do me a Pau tux, I would be extremely and eternally grateful to them...

Finally, I am trying to find a DTP Desktop Publishing Linux distro to give to my uncle who is struggling with his small publishing company. I have found Ubuntu Studio, but there is live CD version, and before that he commits to Linux on en expensive PC/Mac, he might as well try it as a live version for a while. Any thoughts anyone? All suggestions are welcome.

No comments: