Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SliTaz to the rescue of the old T20

Two days ago, I mentioned below that I could not get a Linux distro which fitted my requirements - I now have!

Introducing SliTaz Cooking, the mini-est distro ever which works like a dream on the tiny IBM T20. Not only is is beautiful, it also took 4 minutes to install, comes with Openbox, has a pretty good mirror repo pick, is shipped with Firefox 3 (!) and is rock stable for a cooking release. What else do you need? So Puppy is out and SliTaz is in.

It is so stable that the SliTaz team is introducing this release at the Linux Days in Geneva this week. Don't get me wrong, it is never going to replace Pardus on my laptop, but when it comes to refurbishing old PCs for people wanting the internet, a word processor and to load photos from their digital camera, it will be my first choice.

No comments: